Car accidents happen all of the time in Norman and other communities in Cleveland County. In 2016 alone, the county had 4,864 crashes, including 11 fatal accidents, the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office reports. If someone else’s negligence caused a crash that hurt you or someone you love in Norman, then you should seek help right away from an experienced car accident attorney.
Contact Cain Law Office today to learn more about your rights and options. You will talk directly with a dedicated car accident lawyer who will care about your future and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Dedicated to Serving Car Accident Victims in Norman, Oklahoma
When you have been hurt in a car accident, time is of the essence. You need a devoted legal team on your side that will move fast to protect your interests. At Cain Law Office, we are available to take your call 24/7 and 365 days a year. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you. We can meet at your home, the hospital or wherever is most convenient for you.
Our rapid-response team can immediately launch an in-depth investigation of your case. Insurance companies work overtime to find excuses to deny claims. You deserve a legal team who will work just as hard to pursue compensation for your injuries. Here is what our experienced team of professionals will bring to your case:
- We treat our clients with respect. It doesn’t matter whether your case is big or small. We will listen to you, answer your calls and keep you up to speed throughout your case.
- Our founding attorney, Monty L. Cain, has more than 20 years of experience in securing compensation for injury victims and their families throughout Oklahoma. He has hand-picked a talented team of attorneys and staff who know how to professionally handle cases and provide top-notch service to clients.
- Your health is our top priority. We can help you to get the medical help you need and find other assistance while we work on your case. We won’t charge you anything for our services unless we recover money for you.
Every case begins with a free consultation. Call or reach us online today. We can review your case right away.
Our Attorneys Handle All Types of Norman Car Accident Cases
Monty L. Cain is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, National Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. The legal team he has assembled has the collective skills and experience necessary to take on a wide range of car accident cases for injured Norman residents, including:
Distracted driving. Drivers often cause crashes by failing to pay attention to the road. Distracted driving accidents can involve:
- Talking on the phone
- Messing with vehicle controls
- Daydreaming or reading
- Interacting with passengers or pets in the car.
Speeding and reckless driving. Another frequent cause of collisions is just plain unsafe driving. People often travel at speeds way above the posted limit or weave in and out of traffic. When they do so, they carelessly disregard their own safety and the safety of others. Sadly, speeding and reckless drivers have caused many people in Oklahoma to lose their lives or suffer serious injuries.
Drunk driving. People who driver after they have used alcohol or drugs are some of the most dangerous drivers on the road. Research repeatedly shows that impaired driving decreases judgment, slows reaction times and leads to thousands of highway fatalities in the U.S. every year.
Driving while overly tired. Fatigue can mirror many of the symptoms of drunk driving. Some research points to how drowsy drivers often have reaction times that are just as slow as those who have been drinking. A sleepy driver is a dangerous driver.
If a careless or negligent driver injures you or a member of your family in Norman, we can help. Please see our Case Results for examples of the many different motor vehicle accident cases we have handled over the years. We can also assist clients in cases that involve:
- Tractor-trailer and other commercial vehicle crashes
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle collisions
- Pedestrian injuries
- Boating accidents
- ATV’s, snowmobiles, dirt bikes and other vehicles.
Compensation for Norman Car Accident Victims
Car accident injuries can be very severe. Even minor impacts can leave victims with life-altering symptoms. You are entitled for compensation for your injuries when someone else is responsible. This compensation may include:
- Past and future medical expenses. When someone else hurts you and makes you incur medical bills, it is only fair that the at-fault party pay for them.
- Lost income and diminished earning ability. If you lost time from work, and lost income as a result, you have a right to claim these damages. If your injuries are so severe that you cannot work or need to change careers, you may even be entitled to compensation for your decreased ability to earn a living.
- Pain and suffering. While it can be hard to fully appreciate, your agony, pain, suffering and discomfort have a value. You have a right to be paid for these damages as well.
- Emotional distress. Your psychological health is as important as your physical health. If you suffer from anxiety or depression, or if you are fearful as a result of the accident, you may be able to collect compensation for this harm as well.
- Punitive damages. If your case involves gross negligence and reckless disregard for the safety of others, you may be eligible for punitive damages. These damages do not compensate you for your injuries. Instead, they punish the wrongdoer and deter future misconduct.
- Wrongful death damages. If you have lost a loved one due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, burial costs and loss of financial support and services.
If you have been hurt, or someone you care about has been injured or killed in a serious car crash, our firm will review all medical records, talk to witnesses, interview medical experts and work hard to build a strong case on your behalf. We will reject any insurance company attempts to reduce or deny compensation. We will fight for full and fair compensation for you and your family.
Time Limits on Car Accident Claims in Norman, Oklahoma
Oklahoma imposes strict time limits on bringing lawsuits for personal injuries and wrongful death. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury, you should call a Norman auto accident attorney right away. The time limits on filing suit, or statute of limitations, are:
- Personal injury. For the vast majority of injuries, including most car accidents, you only have two years from the date of your injury to bring a lawsuit for your injuries. There are exceptions, however, which can make the deadline even shorter, such as when a government agency is involved.
- Wrongful death. For the majority of wrongful death cases, you will have only two years from the date of death to bring a lawsuit. However, this deadline can be shorter in some cases, too.
Get Help from a Norman Car Accident Attorney Today
For more than 20 years, Monty L. Cain has fought for the rights of injured people throughout Oklahoma and Norman. Our firm never collects a fee unless we can recover compensation for your injuries. Day or night, 365 days a year, if you need help after a car accident, contact Cain Law Office to schedule a free consultation.