Motorcyclists involved in collisions with cars or trucks often face catastrophic injuries that place a burden on them physically, emotionally, and financially.
Many motorcycle accident victims struggle to cope with mounting medical bills, lost income, property damage bills, and long-term care expenses. Then there’s the added frustration of fighting the unfair and untrue stereotype that bikers are dangerous drivers who cause their own accidents.
About Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
At Cain Law Office, we believe in motorcyclists’ rights to share the road. And when our Oklahoma City motorcycle accident attorneys take on your case, we will fight fiercely for the maximum compensation you need to cope with your injuries both now and on down the road.
Motorcycle Accident Damages
With more than 20 years of experience successfully handling motorcycle injury claims, our team will focus on building a strong case for:
- Payment of all medical bills related to your motorcycle crash, including for medical treatment and long-term care you may need in the future
- Money to repair or replace your motorcycle
- Compensation for any income you lost as a result of your injuries, including estimates for reduced earning capacity if you are not able to do the same job you did before
- Payment to account for your physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which can be awarded in cases involving severe misconduct by the at-fault party
If you have been seriously hurt or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, you shouldn’t be forced to pay for another driver’s negligent or reckless behavior. Let our dedicated Oklahoma City motorcycle accident lawyers pursue full compensation for you and your loved ones. Our legal team will go above and beyond to provide the support you need to get your life back after a serious motorcycle accident.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident
At the Cain Law Office, we believe a motorcycle accident settlement should make you financially whole. When all is said and done, you should not have debt from your wreck, and if you have been disabled, you should not have to worry about how you will provide for yourself in the future.
However, even after the most serious crashes, insurance companies will offer low-ball settlements that are more in line with their bottom line than with what you actually deserve. You cannot trust an insurance company to do what’s best for you ─ you need someone who will fight for what’s right.
What Can Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney Do For You?
For decades, injured motorcyclists have trusted our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys to:
- Investigate the motorcycle accident and identify who is legally responsible for the crash and the victim’s injuries. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, there may be multiple parties who can be held liable.
- Identify all insurance coverage applicable to the accident and injuries, including coverage under the victim’s own policy.
- Ensure our clients have the extra support they need, including referrals for general or specialized medical care, help retrieving the bike and/or other personal property if necessary, and assistance in notifying creditors and others of the accident and status.
- Calculate the past, current, and projected costs and losses from the accident. Particularly if your injuries prove disabling, we will consult with experts to determine your likely medical and/or life-care needs in the years ahead and their costs, as well as the cost of your lost earning capacity.
- File claims with appropriate insurance carriers and aggressively negotiate for payment of maximum compensation.
- File a personal injury lawsuit to demand compensation from any liable party that refuses to negotiate a proper settlement of the initial insurance claim filed.
- Present a strong and persuasive case in court, if required. Most motorcycle accident claims are settled outside of court. When an acceptable settlement agreement cannot be reached, the motorcycle accident lawyers at the Cain Law Office go to court with the knowledge, experience, dedication, and resources necessary to win.
- Respond promptly to your questions and concerns, including answering your calls and returning your emails, even at night and on weekends.
If you have already heard from an insurance adjustor, do not sign any statement or accept any payment offered without speaking to one of our experienced Oklahoma motorcycle accident attorneys. You could be signing away your rights to compensation that you deserve and need.
Set up a free consultation with our motorcycle accident law firm today to let us review the details of your case and get to work on your claim as soon as possible.
Determining Fault After a Motorcycle Accident in Oklahoma
Drivers of cars, trucks, and other passenger vehicles often point the finger at motorcyclists after a crash. However, the fact is that most motorcyclists take extra precautions to protect themselves on the road.
Many other parties can be held responsible for a crash, including:
- The driver who hit you
- The driver’s employer, who may be liable if the at-fault motorist was driving as part of his or her job duties
- The owner of a bar or store where a driver obtained alcoholic beverages though he or she was already intoxicated or underage (not 21 years old)
- A local government (and/or contractors) responsible for road design or defects that contributed to your accident
- The manufacturer and/or distributor of a defective motorcycle or automobile, or part or system that contributed to the accident
Schedule a free consultation now to discuss your motorcycle accident injury claim. Our personal injury law firm pursues motorcycle cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we obtain compensation for you. We have offices in Oklahoma City and Edmond.
Top Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in Oklahoma City
The touchstone federal study of motorcycle accident statistics, “Motorcycle Accident Cause Factors and Identification of Countermeasures,” aka “The Hurt Report,” states clearly that 75 percent of motorcycle crashes involve collisions with other vehicles, which are most often passenger cars, and 66 percent of collisions between cars and motorcycles happen because a motorist violates the motorcyclist’s right of way.
Too many injured motorcyclists and emergency responders have heard a frazzled motorist exclaim: “I didn’t see him” or “He came out of nowhere.”
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office reported that 1,337 motorcycle operators were involved in crashes in 2015. The report lists several causes, or “contributing factors,” found in motorcycle accident investigations. They describe a variety of negligence and recklessness well known to those of us who deal with the aftermath of careless driving:
- Unsafe speed (speeding)
- Followed too closely (tailgating)
- Inattention (distracted driving)
- Failure to yield right of way
- Failure to stop
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper passing
- Improper turns
- Crossing the centerline
- Unsafe vehicle (e.g., failure of brakes, tire, steering, etc.)
Motorists have the same obligation of safety to motorcyclists as they do to the drivers of other cars and trucks on the road. Our knowledgeable Oklahoma City motorcycle accident lawyers fight fiercely to hold careless or reckless drivers accountable for the harm they have done in motorcycle wrecks.
Our law firm is also focused on holding insurance companies accountable for paying inured victims what they are owed. This includes compensation available through an at-fault driver’s auto liability insurance, the victim’s uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, and insurance held by any other liable parties.