A serious personal injury can lead to large medical bills, lost income and physical and emotional pain. Fortunately, Oklahoma law allows you to recover compensation if someone else causes your injury. At Cain Law Office, we are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families in Norman and surrounding areas to recover that compensation.
Our founder, Monty Cain, has earned special recognition from the National Association of Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has hand-picked a team of talented and compassionate lawyers and staff members to pursue justice for injured people in Norman and throughout Oklahoma, including a rapid-response investigative team. If you have been hurt by someone else’s negligence, contact us today for immediate help.
Our Norman, OK Personal Injury Practice Areas
When you suffer a serious injury, you It can be difficult to get the insurance companies to pay what you are due. So, it will be important for you to work with a lawyer who will take aggressive steps to protect your interests. At Cain Law Office, we will know how to quickly gather evidence and establish the basic elements of your personal injury claim:
- Duty – In some cases, the duty of care is clear. Drivers, for instance, owe a duty to everyone on or near the road to drive in a reasonably safe manner. In other cases, it can be complex. For instance, we may need to consult with an expert to establish the standard of care that a doctor owed a patient.
- Breach – This element requires proof that the other party, or defendant, acted or failed to act in a way that fell short of the duty of care owed to you. For instance, the party drove through a red light or failed to repair or warn you about a dangerous condition on his or her property.
- Causation – Proof that the other party’s actions caused your injury. For instance, you suffered traumatic brain injury because the person’s car hit you (and not because you fell at home).
- Damages – Evidence that you suffered actual harm. Our firm knows how to gather information to establish both economic damages (such as medical bills and lost income) and non-economic damages (physical pain and emotional distress).
The skilled personal injury attorneys of Cain Law Office frequently help clients with:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neurological injuries
We also work with surviving family members whose loved one suffered a wrongful death at the hands of another.
Cases that our personal injury attorneys frequently handle in Norman are:
- Car accidents – Thousands of car accidents occur in Oklahoma every year and serve as a leading cause of catastrophic injuries.
- Truck accidents – Complex federal and state regulations often play a key role in proving your case. Trucking companies will work hard to conceal or destroy evidence after a crash. So, it is important to work with a firm that knows the ins and outs of trucking cases.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists have all the same rights as drivers, but drivers often fail to see them or give them the same respect on the road. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle crash in Norman, we will fight for just compensation for your injuries.
- Bicycle accidents – As a college town, Norman has a lot of bicyclists on the roads. Bicycle crashes are often more severe than car accidents because cyclists have no structural protections to keep them safe.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians suffer some of the most serious injuries we see. Drivers often fail to see them, or they get in a hurry and ignore the fact that pedestrians often have a clear right-of-way. This is especially common in areas around schools, college campuses and residential areas where pedestrian traffic is heavy.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – Nursing home residents in Norman can experience painful falls, fractures, bed sores, malnutrition, dehydration, medication errors and even death at the hands of negligent or careless nursing staff. Too often, greedy nursing home owners fail to adequately staff their facilities.
- Medical malpractice – Proving that a negligent healthcare provider caused your injury or illness can be difficult. Hospital groups and their insurance carriers fight hard to avoid liability. You deserve to understand your injuries and to know how they happened. At Cain Law Office, we fight for the truth.
- Defective products – Products that are made with inferior parts or defective designs can place the public in jeopardy. If a flawed product harmed you, we can help.
- Disability benefits – The majority of Social Security Disability claims are denied. However, with the help of an experienced disability lawyer, you can pursue an appeal and pursue the benefits you are owed.
- Workers’ compensation – Workplace injuries can be especially frustrating. They lead to a loss of income for you and your family. This can be financially devastating. Let our attorneys help you to get back on your feet faster.
How We Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case in Norman, OK
Our team of experienced Norman, OK personal injury lawyers will work hard to pursue compensation on your behalf. Here are just some of the ways we can help.
- Investigate – Many small details can make a big difference in your ability to recover compensation. Insurance companies spend big money investigating incidents in order to avoid paying. Our team will respond by performing a comprehensive investigation into the facts of your case in order to build the strongest case possible.
- Calculate your damages – We will review your medical and financial records and determine all compensation that is owed to you. We will also pursue damages for the non-economic harm you have suffered.
- Negotiate – When you suffer a serious injury, you shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with insurance adjusters or insurance company lawyers. Let our team handle the negotiations and demand what you are due.
- Litigate – If the responsible party won’t accept liability and pay a reasonable settlement, our team can file a personal injury lawsuit to demand compensation and, if necessary, take your case to trial.
Even though it varies from case to case, the damages we pursue on your behalf may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages.
Get Help from Our Norman Personal Injury Attorneys Today
For more than 20 years, Cain Law Office has offered our clients highly-skilled and personalized representation. We never collect a fee or expenses upfront from our clients. We only get paid if we collect compensation for them.
Time is limited. In Oklahoma, you generally have only two years from the date of your injury to bring a lawsuit against those responsible. If you lose a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you only have two years from the date of death to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, your rights will almost certainly be forever barred. There’s no risk and no obligation, so don’t hesitate to contact Cain Law Office today for a free consultation.