Fighting for the Benefits You Need ─ Both Now and for the Future
If you have suffered a job-related illness or injury, you should be able to obtain Oklahoma workers’ compensation benefits without having to wage a protracted fight to get them. Too many injured workers go without the full benefit promised them by Oklahoma workers’ compensation law. Other injured and ill workers are bullied by their employers or workers’ comp insurers into returning to work too soon. Some are worried about being fired simply for filing a claim and seeking what they are owed.
At the Cain Law Office, our dedicated Oklahoma City workers’ compensation attorneys will:
- Fight for the benefits you deserve, even if your employer denies them
- Help you appeal an adverse decision
- Protect you from retaliation by your employer
- Assist in applications for death benefits
With more than 20 years of legal experience, our skilled legal team will work quickly to get your claim started. We can also help if you need particular medical care, therapy, or vocational counseling but are having a hard time finding a provider.
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your workers’ compensation claim and learn how we can help. We do not charge anything to get started on your case, and we don’t get paid until we recover payment for you.
Are you seeking workers compensation? If you've been injured on the job, Cain Law Office can help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve. Get started now: //cainlaw-okc.comAbout Cain Law Office:Monty L. Cain, P.C. provides superior legal representation to individuals and families throughout the Oklahoma City area in a comprehensive array of personal injury matters.For more information, call (405) 519-6263 or visit //cainlaw-okc.comConnect with us: FACEBOOK -- Like Cain Law Office: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cain-Law-Office/237208003111909 TWITTER -- Follow @Cain_LawOffice: https://twitter.com/Cain_LawOffice GOOGLE+ -- Add Cain Law Office to your circles: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110104680641615327206/--- Worker's Compensation | Moore, OK -- Cain Law Office https://www.youtube.com/user/CainLawOffice
What Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Oklahoma?
Under Oklahoma law, if you have been hurt or become ill on the job, you are entitled to:
- Medical care for your injury or illness
- Missed wages until you are medically cleared to return to work
- Compensation for permanent disabilities
- Vocational rehabilitation (retraining) and/or job placement assistance if you are unable to return to your prior occupation
- Death benefits for the surviving spouse and/or dependent child or children of a worker who died from a work-related injury or illness
Workers’ compensation is a “no fault” insurance system. You qualify for benefits regardless of whether you are at fault for an accident that injured you or occupational exposure that made you ill, as long as it happened while and because you were engaged in performing your job duties.
Depending on how your injury will affect you in the future, our Oklahoma City workers’ compensation lawyers may help you pursue:
- Payment for Temporary Total Disability (TTD), an injury that prevents you from working but that you are expected to recover from, may be as much as 70 percent of weekly wages for up to 156 weeks (three years).
- Payment for Temporary Partial Disability (TPD), which applies if your injury forces you to perform alternative work that pays less than your regular job, should make up the difference between alternative work pay and 70 percent of your regular weekly wages.
- Payment for Permanent Partial Disability (PPD), for an injury that leaves you unable to perform your prior job duties but still capable of working in some capacity, also makes up the difference for 70 percent of wages, with limits on the amount and period of payment.
- Payment for Permanent Total Disability (PTD), for an injury that leaves you incapable of any form of gainful employment, also pays 70 percent of your former wages, again with defined limits on the amount and period of payment.
Most people employed in Oklahoma are covered by workers’ compensation insurance administered by the OK Workers’ Compensation Commission. Certain volunteer workers are covered, as well. Agricultural workers, federal employees, brokers paid by commission, and some others are not covered.
Call the Cain Law Office today to discuss what type of benefits you may be entitled to. We can answer all your questions and help you get started on your claim.