A major car accident can have a lasting impact on your health and your financial well-being. Your bills can quickly pile up as you undergo medical treatment to recover while having to miss work. The situation is even more aggravating if you are not to blame for the accident.
What are your options if this happens to you? You can file a personal injury claim to demand compensation for your losses. With help from an experienced Mustang car crash lawyer, you can pursue payment for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. To learn more, schedule a free consultation with the Cain Law Office today.
How Our Mustang, OK, Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
A lawyer’s knowledge and experience are essential to getting an insurance company to fully pay out a personal injury claim. Here are some of the ways a car accident lawyer in Mustang, OK, can help you:
- Handling all communication between you and the opposing insurance company. You need to be very careful about what you say and what information you give to the insurance company. A lawyer from our firm will make sure you don’t say anything that might jeopardize or lower the value of your claim.
- Finding you the right medical specialists for your injuries. Car accidents can cause serious, complex medical problems like neck, spinal cord, and traumatic brain injuries. If you’re having trouble finding a specialist to treat your injuries, we can point you in the right direction.
- Investigating your accident. Our attorneys can review photos and videos from the scene, examine police records, hire accident reconstruction teams, and retain expert witnesses to demonstrate fault in your personal injury claim.
- Documenting the extent of your losses. To get the maximum value for your claim, you’ll need to show exactly how much you’ve lost. Our lawyers can help you gather evidence like medical receipts, statements from your doctor, wage statements, and other documents to show the extent of your financial losses due to your accident. We can also help you calculate intangible losses like pain and suffering.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. There are complicated formulas that go into determining the value of a personal injury claim. Insurance companies will use every trick at their disposal to try to shift fault and lower the value of your claim. Our attorneys have years of experience successfully handling car accident claims. We will fight fiercely for the full amount that you’re entitled to receive.
What to Do After Being in a Car Accident
It’s important to keep a level head after an accident. While your first priority is your health, you should take steps to protect your legal rights.
- Call 911 or your local law enforcement agency. Law enforcement authorities must be notified so they can investigate the crash. You’ll also want an official record of the accident for use in your personal injury claim.
- Get contact information for any other drivers involved. Get their names, telephone numbers, email address, and insurance information. If there are any witnesses, get their names and contact information as well. Witnesses can be vital evidence in a personal injury claim.
- If possible, take photos and videos of the accident scene. Catalog any damage to vehicles, the scene itself, what traffic conditions are like, time of day, if there was any adverse weather, etc. Also take photos of your injuries.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Early treatment is your best chance at a full recovery. Save all receipts, bills, and medical records. These will be important evidence in your personal injury case.
- Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurer. You need to evaluate your injuries and speak to an attorney first. The at-fault driver’s insurer will use anything you say against you.
- Talk to a car collision lawyer in Mustang immediately. Contact an attorney as soon as possible so work can begin on your case. Your attorney will need to work quickly to document evidence and begin tracking your losses.
Demanding Full Compensation for Your Car Accident Injuries
The courts allow for car accident victims to claim many different kinds of compensation for their losses in the accident. Here are some of the damages you can seek in a car accident claim:
- Medical bills (doctor’s visits, surgeries, hospital care, physical therapy, prescription drugs, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Future treatment expenses
- Compensation to renovate your home due to your injuries, if necessary
- Funeral and burial expenses, if a family member died in the accident
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of support or consortium due to a family member’s death
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim?
The statute of limitations for car accident claims in Oklahoma under most circumstances it is 2 years unless involving a Governmental Entity which requires notice of the claim within 1 year. This means you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, these cases take time to investigate, so the sooner you speak with an attorney, the better.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Mustang, OK, Now
The Mustang car accident lawyers at the Cain Law Office are here to fight on your behalf after a serious crash. Contact us now for a free consultation on your case. We’re available to take your call 24/7.