Midwest City Car Accident Attorneys

Car Accident Lawyer | Cain Law Office

Car accidents are common in Midwest City, one of only nine cities in Oklahoma with more than 1,000 crashes in a year. Collisions can happen for a variety of reasons, including distracted driving, driving under the influence, reckless or aggressive driving, inclement weather, vehicle defects, and other problems. When a collision occurs, victims may suffer serious injuries that dramatically change their entire lives.

Have you suffered catastrophic injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident in the greater Midwest City area? If so, the dedicated Midwest City car accident attorneys at the Cain Law Office are ready to stand up and fight for you. We understand what you are going through, and we will demand the full compensation that you need to rebuild your life after an accident.

Let us put our knowledge and experience to work for you. Call us at (855) 759-6858 or contact us online to take advantage of a free, no-obligation consultation today.

How Our Midwest City Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You

When you choose the Cain Law Office to handle your car accident claim, you can count on our skilled team to:

  • Thoroughly investigate your crash to determine the cause and identify all possible sources of compensation
  • Document all the damages you have suffered in order to make a strong case for maximum payment to you
  • Work with experts who can reconstruct the crash scene and evaluate how your injuries will affect you in the future
  • Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and prepare for trial if the at-fault party refuses to offer a fair settlement
  • Manage all communication with insurance companies to ensure you are not hounded while you’re trying to heal

Because the Cain Law Office works on a contingency-fee basis, we only get paid when you receive a monetary award; you don’t owe us anything unless we secure you a settlement or a verdict in court. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.

Types of Compensation Available After a Car Accident

If you were hurt in a car accident caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, you could be owed significant compensation, also referred to as “damages.” This compensation is intended to help you pay your accident-related bills and make you financially whole so you can move on with your life after the crash.

There are three basic types of damages that an injury victim could be entitled to, which include economic, non-economic, and punitive (in specific cases).

Economic damages are tangible monetary losses such as medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.

Noneconomic damages are much more subjective, usually for awards like pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional distress. Oklahoma places a $350,000 limit (or “cap”) on noneconomic damages, but there is no limit on economic damages.

Punitive damages (sometimes called exemplary damages) can also be awarded in some cases in Oklahoma. Punitive damages are awarded “for the sake of example and by way of punishing the defendant.”

Punitive damages may be awarded in a car accident caused by drunk driving, and damages can be limited in some cases to $500,000, or twice the amount of actual damages. If a jury finds that a defendant acted intentionally and with malice toward others, it may choose to award any amount of punitive damages without limitations.

What to Do After a Car Accident in Midwest City

If you are involved in a car crash in Midwest City, there are a few important steps that you should always take, regardless of the severity of the crash.

The first thing that you should do is immediately seek medical attention. While emergency services will usually transport severely injured victims to local hospitals right away, those who do not appear severely hurt initially should also make sure to visit a doctor as soon as possible. Some symptoms of mild-to-severe injuries may not appear until after the adrenaline and shock of the crash have worn off. Others may be difficult to detect right away but could be diagnosed by a doctor. Protect your health and protect any injury claim you might have by seeking medical attention and making sure an official record of treatment is created.

Another crucial step for victims to take is to photograph everything that was involved in their accident, when possible. Take as many pictures as you can and take them from different angles and distances. This includes photos of the vehicles involved and your injuries.

Also, get the names and contact information from any witnesses who saw the crash. If you are not able to take these steps yourself, ask somebody else you know to do this for you.

Finally, do not speak to anybody about your accident, and be especially careful not to discuss it on social media. Do not say anything to an insurance company, as your statements can be used against you. Instead, contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.

How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?

Oklahoma gives people two years from the date of a crash to file an injury claim. When a person does not take action within two years, they generally lose their ability to hold the negligent party accountable.

The statute of limitations is different when the defendant is a government entity, as might be the case in a defective roadway claim. Cases against government entities must be filed within one year, and a plaintiff is typically required to file notice with the defendant, then has a limited number of days to file suit if the claim is denied.

Another exception to the general two-year statute of limitations concerns victims who are minors or mentally incapacitated. A minor will have one year to file after they turn 18 years of age, and a person who is mentally incapacitated will have one year to file after they become mentally cognizant again.

Common Types of Car Accidents

Some of the most frequent causes of car accidents include:

  • Dangerous roadways
  • Drunk or drugged driving
  • Inclement weather
  • Distracted driving
  • Failure to yield or obey traffic signs or lights
  • Tailgating
  • Driver fatigue
  • Reckless driving
  • Improper turns
  • Speeding
  • Unsafe lane changes

When drivers fail to operate their vehicles safely and responsibly, they can and should be held accountable for their actions. If a negligent driver caused you harm, don’t hesitate to seek legal help right away.

Contact a Midwest City Car Accident Lawyer Today

Have you been seriously hurt or lost a loved one in a car crash in Midwest City? Don’t let the negligence of another party cause you and your loved ones further financial harm. Let the experienced Midwest City car accident attorneys at the Cain Law Office help you seek the compensation you need to pay your bills, support your loved ones, and get back on your feet.

Our firm represents Midwest City residents who have been hurt by another person’s actions or inaction. We can review your case as soon as you call (855) 759-6858 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.