Motorcyclists lack the protection of a steel frame, airbags, and other vehicle safety features, so when they get in an accident, the results are often tragic. In an instant, you can go from enjoying the freedom of riding a motorcycle to suffering a debilitating injury. Sadly, many motorcycle accidents are fatal, leaving loved ones to grapple with how to put the pieces back together after a sudden death in the family.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a motorcycle accident, having skilled legal representation during this time can provide you with tremendous peace of mind. At Cain Law Office, our aggressive legal team will fight for you to pursue fair compensation for your claim. Contact us today to get started with your free case review with an experienced Lawton motorcycle accident attorney.
How Cain Law Office Can Help You
Motorcycle accidents are often serious events. The last thing you need while recovering is having to deal with a biased insurance company that’s only interested in protecting its bottom line. Our team can handle your claim while you focus on your recovery.
We start by offering 24/7 accessibility. Our team will take your call at any time of day or night. We will then get started immediately on your case by deploying our rapid-response team to conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident. We can explain the factors that may have contributed to the accident and against whom you may have a viable legal claim.
We work hard, with the objective to secure the maximum compensation available for your claim. You never owe us unless and until we recover compensation for you. While we represent you, we will come to wherever is the most convenient location for you, including your home or hospital. We want you to take care of your health and will help you obtain the medical treatment you need to recover.
Motorcycle accidents can have serious consequences that affect the rest of your life. Having a strong advocate in your corner can let you know that you will be protected throughout the process. We will thoroughly investigate your case, interview witnesses, and preserve evidence of the at-fault party’s responsibility for the accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Handling a motorcycle is different than handling other types of vehicles. The smallest imperfection in the road or sudden stop can result in catastrophic injuries for bikers. Here are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Lawton, OK:
- Distracted drivers – Drivers may be distracted by their cell phone, passengers, factors outside the vehicle, or any other number of things or activities. Distracted drivers pose a significant risk to bikers. Drivers who are not paying attention may not notice bikers or may slam into the back of them.
- Drivers not keeping a lookout – Despite there being more bikers on the road today than ever before, passenger car operators still struggle to see and recognize motorcyclists and dangers specific to them. Motorcycles are lower stature vehicles, so some motorists may not see them ahead when they are turning. Others may fail to look in their blind spots before changing lanes.
- Impaired drivers – Drunk or drugged drivers may drift into other lanes, drive the wrong way, run through red lights, or perform other dangerous driving behaviors that can be deadly to an unsuspecting motorcyclist.
- Poor road conditions – Debris on the roadway, uneven roads, potholes, and other road imperfections can be dangerous for bikers. The wrong condition can cause the bike to lose traction with the roadway and the motorcyclist might lose control of the vehicle.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Your main priority after a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention for your injuries. Then, complete these steps:
- Request a copy of the police report from the accident.
- Take pictures of your injuries and your damaged bike.
- Keep all of your original medical records and bills regarding your injuries.
- Keep a record of your symptoms, doctors’ appointments, treatments, tests, medications, side effects, and the pain you are experiencing on a daily basis.
- Keep pay stubs or other employment records that show the time you had to miss from work.
- Do not talk to others about the wreck. Avoid posting on social media.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company or sign anything they send you.
- Do not accept a settlement offer until you have consulted with a knowledgeable motorcycle collision attorney.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Motorcycle Accident in Lawton?
Motorcycle crashes often result in serious injuries. Expensive medical bills and loss of income often follow these injuries. Frequently, these bills exceed the minimum liability coverage that many drivers have, so it is important to identify all potential sources of compensation to ensure you can cover your accident-related expenses.
In addition to the at-fault driver, other parties may be liable for your motorcycle accident, including:
- The employer of the at-fault driver, if the driver was working at the time of the collision
- The government entity or private contractor responsible for maintaining the road, if road debris or imperfections contributed to your accident
- Bike or parts manufacturers, if product defects contributed to the accident
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Motorcycle Collision?
You may be entitled to compensation for the damages you have suffered in the wreck, such as:
- Medical bills for emergency care and follow-up treatment
- Loss of wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity if the accident has disabled you
- Property damage or replacement costs for your motorcycle
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney from Cain Law Office
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, the Lawton motorcycle crash attorneys at Cain Law Office can help. We have successfully recovered more than $50 million on behalf of our injured clients. We will work just as hard to secure the compensation you need and deserve following a motorcycle accident in Lawton, OK.
Contact us today to begin the path to recovery.