If you have been hurt in an Oklahoma pedestrian accident, you may be wondering how you’ll pay for the medical treatment you need and whether contacting a lawyer is the right choice for you. At the Cain Law Office, we have a long track record of helping pedestrians pursue the full compensation they need after being seriously hurt by negligent drivers. Contact our Edmond pedestrian injury lawyers today for a free consultation on your case.
How the Cain Law Office Can Help You After a Pedestrian Accident in Edmond
With more than $50 million recovered for deserving clients throughout Oklahoma, our law firm’s results speak for themselves. You can count on our dedicated Edmond pedestrian accident lawyers to:
- Provide a free, no-obligation review of your case to answer your questions and explain your legal options
- Begin work on your case immediately to preserve all the evidence and document your losses
- Help you find the medical attention you need to recover from your injuries
- Identify all potential sources of compensation in your case
- Consult with experts to build a strong claim for maximum compensation
- Update you regularly and be available whenever you need to talk
- Meet with you in whatever way is most convenient, whether that’s at your home, in a hospital room, or even remotely via Zoom, Facetime, or Skype
Deadline for Filing a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
Like all states, Oklahoma imposes a statute of limitations on all personal injury lawsuits. The statute of limitations sets a formal time limit for taking legal action. For personal injury lawsuits, this time limit is two years.
This means that you have two years from the date of your pedestrian accident to file a lawsuit in civil court. While two years sounds like plenty of time, consider how long it could take to fully assess how your injuries are going to affect you in the long run and establish a solid supporting case.
In some special circumstances involving governmental entities, you may one year or less to notify the agency of your claim.
The sooner you get started on your claim, the better. An experienced Edmond pedestrian accident attorney can help you with every step of the process.
Available Compensation to Edmond Pedestrian Accident Victims
Injured pedestrians often face astronomical medical expenses and other significant financial repercussions in addition to painful bodily trauma. With the help of our Edmond pedestrian accident lawyers, you can file a claim to recover compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injuries
- Associated treatment costs for things like caregiving or therapy
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Lost current and future income from missed time at work
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages when a pedestrian accident proves fatal
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Edmond
Most Oklahoma accidents between motor vehicles and people on foot are caused by:
- Speeding or aggressive drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk or drugged drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Failure to yield right-of-way at crosswalks
- Improper turns through intersections
- Negligently reversing into sidewalks
- Poor visibility at night or in inclement weather
Common Edmond Pedestrian Accident Injuries
A collision between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian rarely ends well for the individual on foot. Pedestrians who are struck by vehicles frequently sustain severe or even fatal injuries as their bodies suffer devastating impacts from the unforgiving steel frame of a car. Some of the most common injuries the Cain Law Office sees in Edmond pedestrian accidents include:
- Amputated limbs or digits
- Broken or fractured bones
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Burns from fires or friction
- Spinal cord trauma and full or partial paralysis
- Back injuries like herniated discs
- Neck and shoulder injuries such as whiplash
- Soft-tissue damage like strains, sprains, and tears
- Abdominal injuries like organ rupture or internal bleeding
Contact the Cain Law Office Now
If you were injured or lost a loved one in an Oklahoma pedestrian accident, don’t hesitate to contact the Cain Law Office as soon as possible. The more quickly you act, the better chance you’ll have at building a strong claim for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Contact our Edmond pedestrian injury attorneys now for your free initial case review. There is no charge for us to begin work on your case, and you only pay us if we recover money for you.