A momentary lapse in concentration or a simple mistake can lead to a serious truck accident. Crash victims are often left to cope with catastrophic injuries that can change their lives forever. They frequently face ongoing physical, emotional, and financial challenges related to their wreck.
After a serious truck accident, it is crucial to get legal advice as soon as possible. Truck accident victims may be able to hold a negligent truck driver, trucking company, or other party responsible for the injuries and damages caused.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Del City, contact the Cain Law Office today to speak with a skilled attorney about your case. The consultation is free, and there is no charge to start work on your claim. In fact, you only pay us if we recover compensation for you.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Del City
You can take the following steps to help preserve your right to compensation after an accident:
- Call 911 if someone has been injured. Report the accident to the local police or state troopers. Request a copy of the official accident report.
- Get the name, contact information, license and vehicle registration information, and employer contact information from the truck driver, along with contact/license/registration/insurance information from any other drivers involved.
- Get the contact information for any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene and of the damage to the vehicles.
- Take photos of any visible injuries you suffered.
- See a doctor immediately to begin treatment of any injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Follow the treatment recommendations and instructions provided by your doctor.
- Talk to an experienced Del City truck accident lawyer to discuss your legal rights and next steps.
- Keep copies of your bills, invoices, receipts, medical records, and any communication with the insurance companies.
- Maintain a diary or journal of your recovery. Document the pain, discomfort, and/or physical limitations that your injuries cause you.
- Stay off of social media. Refrain from discussing your accident or posting photos or videos of yourself.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You After a Truck Accident in Del City
Our experienced trucking accident lawyers in Del City can help you navigate the complex claims process and demand full compensation for your injuries by:
- Immediately launching an investigation of your accident to preserve physical evidence and gather witness statements
- Identifying all the parties that bear fault for your accident and the extent of insurance coverage available to compensate you
- Collaborating with expert witnesses who can analyze your accident and injuries to show what happened and how you have been affected
- Filing claims on your behalf and aggressively negotiating for the maximum compensation you need
- Preparing to take your case to trial if the at-fault parties refuse to offer a fair settlement
Understanding Truck Accident Liability
Liability for a truck accident can extend far beyond a single truck driver. Multiple parties play a role in getting commercial trucks on the road. Negligence or recklessness on any of their parts can lead to a truck accident. Parties that may bear liability for a Del City truck accident include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company, which may employ the truck driver and/or own the truck involved in the crash
- The owner of the truck, if not the truck driver or trucking company
- The truck’s mechanic
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The manufacturer of a part used in the truck
- The freight company responsible for loading a truck or its trailer
Truck Accident Settlements and Compensation
After a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Costs of medical treatment and long-term care needs
- Lost wages for missed work during your recovery
- Lost earning capacity, if your injuries prohibit you from working to your full potential
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
Let our Del City truck accident lawyers review the details of your case to explain what compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Truck Accident Causes
Some of the most frequent causes of truck accidents in Del City include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving, using a GPS, grooming, talking to passengers, etc.
- Drowsy driving, when drivers have been behind the wheel for too long without sleeping or taking a rest
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Inexperienced drivers, who may lack the skills to control a truck of a certain size, or who may not have familiarity with a route and end up on roads or streets where a truck doesn’t belong
- Poorly maintained vehicle, which can lead to failures of critical components or systems, such as brakes
- Mechanical defects of the truck or a part in the truck
Talk to a Del City Truck Accident Attorney Now
If you have been hurt in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, you need experienced legal representation as soon as possible. At the Cain Law Office, you do not pay anything upfront for our services. You only pay us if and when we secure financial compensation for you.
Schedule a free case review now to learn how we can take the pressure off you during this stressful time. Our truck accident lawyers in Del City can get started on your case immediately, sending our rapid-response team to begin a thorough investigation of your accident. We can also help you find the medical treatment resources you need for your injuries. If you cannot make it to our offices, we can meet with you over the phone or anywhere that is convenient for you.