According to the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office, there were 3,984 motorcycle accidents throughout Oklahoma during a recent three-year span. More than 60 percent of these accidents involved confirmed minor, serious, or fatal injuries to motorcyclists.
The Del City motorcycle crash lawyers at Cain Law Office have more than 25 years of experience representing Oklahoma accident victims. We have won more than $50 million in compensation for deserving clients injured in accidents. We are ready to help you pursue the compensation you need after a devastating motorcycle accident. Call or contact us online for your free consultation and to learn more about your rights.
Why Do I Need a Del City Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
In the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, you are probably dealing with severe injuries, mounting medical expenses, and missed time from work. The experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Cain Law Office will work to ensure you recover as quickly and fully as possible by:
- Providing free consultations and full legal services on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless and until we win compensation for you
- Communicating with you regularly and in whatever way is most convenient to you, including at your home, in a hospital room, or via remote videoconference
- Starting on your case immediately to launch an in-depth investigation, preserve critical evidence, and establish your strongest possible claim
- Helping you understand the laws and legal options that apply to your case
- Getting you the medical treatment you need to help you toward a speedy recovery
- Identifying, collecting, and preserving compelling evidence to support your claim
- Communicating with insurance providers, defense attorneys, and other third parties on your behalf
- Negotiating for maximum compensation on your behalf in insurance settlements
Our Del City motorcycle accident attorneys can capably handle all aspects of your legal claim while you focus on your recovery. Your health is our top priority.
Recovering Financial Compensation from a Del City Motorcycle Accident
If you sustained severe injuries in your motorcycle wreck, no amount of money could ever fully compensate you for the pain and suffering you experienced. However, the compensation you could receive in a successful personal injury claim can give you the resources you need to pay for your medical care ease your life after the accident.
In the state of Oklahoma, injured motorcyclists could be eligible to recover compensation for damages such as:
- Medical expenses related to treating your immediate injuries, emergency transportation such as ambulance rides, and inpatient hospital stays
- Future related treatment costs, such as ongoing physical therapy, psychological therapy, and in-home caregiving
- Lost wages from missed time at work or temporary disability
- Lost future earning potential from permanent full or partial disability
- Your physical pain, suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life from temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of companionship, consortium, support, guidance, and future inheritance, for loved ones affected by a victim’s accident-related disability
Time Limit for Filing a Claim After a Motorcycle Accident in Del City
Oklahoma has a specific law outlining strict time limits on people’s rights to file certain kinds of lawsuits. This law is known as a statute of limitations. It imposes different time limits on various types of lawsuits.
For personal injury lawsuits, this time limit is just two years but some claims have a shorter statute and need to contact us to verify time limit. The deadline to file your personal injury lawsuit begins on the date of your initial injury, which means you have two years from the date of your motorcycle accident to file your lawsuit.
Two years sounds like a long time, but keep in mind that a lawsuit is typically the last resort in any personal injury claim. Typically, your attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurance company. If they fail to offer you a fair and just amount that accounts for all of your bills and other losses, your attorney might recommend filing a lawsuit to take your case to court.
If you fail to file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, the court will likely refuse to hear your case, no matter how solid your underlying claim. Fortunately, an experienced motorcycle collision lawyer in Del City will be aware of the time limit and will advise you of your legal options every step of the way to preserve your right to fair and just compensation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Del City
Many motorcycle accidents result in significant injuries to motorcycle riders, so if you were involved in an Oklahoma motorcycle wreck, your health and physical safety should be your priority. If you sustain severe or life-threatening harm, contact emergency medical services immediately to ensure you receive the treatment you need.
The personal injury team at Cain Law Office also recommends the following next steps to protect your health and your right to recover compensation after a Del City motorcycle crash:
- Report your wreck to the police
- Collect information and statements from eyewitnesses and other passengers involved in the accident, if possible
- Take photographs of the accident scene, any damage to your motorcycle, and any visible injuries you sustained
- Follow any treatment plans recommended by your doctor to give yourself the best chance at recovery and demonstrate that you’re taking your health seriously
- Keep a record of your accident-related expenses such as medical bills, property repair costs, and missed time from work
- Keep a pain journal to document your personal feelings of physical pain, soreness, discomfort, and mental well-being
- Contact the Del City motorcycle accident attorneys at Cain Law Office to schedule your free initial consultation
Contact Cain Law Office
At Cain Law Office, our attentive and compassionate team is available to take your call 24/7. We offer free consultations and charge no upfront fees, so you have nothing to lose from contacting us now. Call us today or fill out our convenient online intake form to set up your confidential case review.