A serious personal injury can be devastating. It can lead to expensive medical bills, lost income and ongoing pain and suffering. Fortunately, if someone else is responsible for your injury, you may be entitled to full and fair compensation for your injuries. At Cain Law Office, we are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families in Moore and surrounding areas in Cleveland County to seek the justice they deserve.
Our Moore personal injury lawyers have fought for the rights of injured people in Oklahoma for more than two decades. We take great pride in pursuing maximum compensation for each and every one of our clients. Our founder, Monty Cain, has earned special recognition from the National Association of Top 100 Trial Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. If you have been hurt through no fault of your own, contact us today for a free consultation. Our attorneys stand ready to provide the professional and compassionate service you deserve.
Proving Liability After an Injury in Moore, OK
If you suffer injury in an accident of any kind in Moore, you should understand the steps that will go into pursuing compensation. Personal injury cases can be complex and involve many steps. Generally speaking, to be compensated, you must prove:
The responsible party owed you a duty. This can be as simple as being obligated to drive safely (auto accidents) or as complicated as a doctor being required to exercise reasonable care in performing a medical procedure (medical malpractice).
- The responsible party breached that duty. You must show that the defendant failed to meet the legal duty that he or she owed to you. In many cases, our firm turns to highly knowledgeable experts who can provide insights that help us to establish whether a breach of duty occurred.
- The breach directly caused your injury. It is not enough that you were injured. You need to connect the injury to the other party’s actions (or failure to act). One must have directly caused the other.
- You suffered damages as a result of your injury. Without proof that you suffered damages, you would still have no case. Damages can include economic harm such as lost wages and medical expenses to non-economic harm such as pain and suffering.
Our Moore Practice Areas
At Cain Law Office, we help personal injury victims in Moore and throughout Oklahoma who suffer from a broad range of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neurological injuries
In particular, our attorneys routinely represent clients in the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents
Every year, thousands of people are injured on Oklahoma roads and highways in auto accidents. Often, drugs, alcohol, speeding aggressive driving, distracted driving or inexperience are to blame. We help innocent victims and their families in Moore to seek compensation when negligent drivers cause their crashes.
- Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents often occur on routes such as I-35, I-44, U.S. Highway 62 and U.S. Highway 77. Our dedicated truck accident attorneys know that accidents which involve tractor-trailers and other large commercial vehicles are different from traditional car accidents. Federal and state regulations often play a role in establishing cases.
- Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle injuries can be severe due to the lack of structural protection for the rider and passenger. We understand the unique characteristics of these cases and know what it takes to succeed.
- Bicycle Accidents
Some people in Moore use their bicycles as a primary mode of transportation. Sadly, even though bicyclists have the same right to share the road as car drivers, those rights often get ignored, which leads to horrible accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians in Moore suffer some of the most serious injuries that our law firm sees. Drivers often fail to exercise the required amount of caution around pedestrians, especially when they drive through school zones or residential neighborhoods.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Seniors living in nursing homes in Cleveland County are afforded special protections under state and federal laws. When caregivers and nursing home staff take advantage of vulnerable seniors, it can lead to painful bedsores, falls, medication errors, dehydration, malnutrition, and even death.
- Medical Malpractice
To succeed in a medical malpractice claim, you need a team of skilled and experienced attorneys who understand both the law and the medicine behind your injury.
- Defective Products
Manufacturers that cut corners to save money often put the public at risk. If you are hurt by a poorly designed or manufactured product, you may be eligible for compensation from the manufacturer and others in the distribution chain.
In addition to seeking personal injury damages for our clients in Moore, we can assist with other types of claims. Our other practice areas include:
- Disability Benefits
The majority of Social Security Disability (SSD) claims are initially denied. Many people think there is little they can do about. However, an experienced attorney can help you to appeal your denial and pursue the benefits you need and deserve.
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits
The Oklahoma workers’ compensation system gives workers who are hurt on the job the ability to receive benefits that cover all of their injury-related medical expenses as well as a portion of the wages they lose due to their disability.
How We Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case in Moore, OK
Our experienced personal injury attorney in Moore, OK will work hard to pursue compensation on your behalf. Here are just some of the ways we can help:
We will make sure you get the care and treatment you need. Your health will be our top priority.
- We will conduct an immediate investigation. Our rapid-response investigative team will inspect and document the scene of your accident, consult with experts, review your medical records, interview witnesses and take many other steps to establish your claim.
- We will be accessible to you. Our team will be ready and willing to take your calls and e-mails – even after hours. We want to make sure that you are taken care of at every step of the way. If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you – at your home, the hospital or wherever is most convenient for you.
- We will aggressively pursue a settlement for you. When you suffer from serious injuries, you should not have to worry about dealing with negotiations and dealing with insurance adjusters. Let our team handle the negotiations and fight for every penny you are due.
- Take your case to court. If the responsible party refuses to accept liability and/or pay a reasonable settlement, our team can file a personal injury lawsuit and demand compensation. We prepare every case as if it is going to trial.
Every case is different. However, generally speaking, the damages we seek for our clients include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Disability or disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your personal property
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one, including funeral and burial expenses and loss of your loved one’s society and services).
When you choose us to handle your personal injury claim, you will not have to worry about paying any legal fees upfront to get started on your case. In fact, our Moore personal injury law firm only gets paid if and when we recover compensation for you.
Get Help from Our Moore Personal Injury Attorneys Today
For more than two decades, our firm has fought for justice on behalf of injured people in Moore and throughout Oklahoma. We care about the people we serve and want to do everything we can to improve their lives. It all starts with a free consultation. Contact us today to speak with one of our experienced and dedicated personal injury attorneys.