The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety Highway Safety Office reports that 73,267 car crashes occurred in Oklahoma during a single recent year. These crashes caused 33,038 injuries and 640 traffic-related deaths. This breaks down to 201 crashes a day and a crash every 7 minutes. For the year, there were 2,153 car accidents in Lawton and Comanche County, Oklahoma. Sadly, many of these crashes could have been avoided had motorists simply driven in a safe manner.
A Lawton car accident attorney can help you pursue compensation if another person’s reckless or negligent conduct caused your injuries. We wholeheartedly believe that all accident victims deserve access to competent legal counsel, regardless of their financial situation. This is why we offer our services on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay us unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf.
If you were injured in a Lawton car collision, trust our team to help you get your life back on track. Contact us today to get started on your claim.
How Cain Law Office Can Help You
At Cain Law Office, our dedicated Lawton car crash attorneys know how devastating a collision can be. We understand that serious accidents can happen in an instant, but they can leave devastating consequences in their wake, including catastrophic injuries, expensive medical bills, and a permanently altered lifestyle for victims and their families. Our attorneys have a long history of securing significant results for injured accident victims in Oklahoma, including:
- $3.5 million in a wrongful death case involving a semi accident
- $1,000,050 in a car wreck claim that required our client to receive a lower back surgery
- $1 million in a semi and auto wreck claim that settled for the policy limits
- $675,000 for a client who suffered an eye injury and concussion in a motor vehicle accident
- $465,000 in compensation for a drunk driving accident victim against a convenience store that sold beer to the drunk driver
Insurance adjusters will fight to minimize your claim as much as possible, so you need a strong legal advocate who will level the playing field. That’s exactly what you’ll get with our Lawton car accident attorneys.
Our rapid-response team will immediately launch an in-depth investigation into the accident. We will determine who may be liable for the damages you sustained and identify all potential sources of compensation.
Your health is our top priority. We can help you get the medical treatment you need so you can begin the recovery process as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we will focus on the legal aspect of your claim.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you are ever involved in a motor vehicle accident in Lawton, OK, take these steps to protect your claim:
Request a Copy of the Accident Report
At the scene of the accident, you or the other driver may have called the police to report the accident. You’ll want to follow up and obtain a copy of this report. It can reveal important information regarding your claim, including:
- The other driver’s name and contact information
- Whether the driver received a citation for breaking a traffic law
- Whether any eyewitnesses saw the accident
- The officer’s initial impressions regarding how the accident occurred
Seek Medical Attention If You Were Hurt
If you believe you were injured in the accident, seek medical attention. Early treatment can help you minimize the injuries and begin healing. It can also help you make a connection between your injuries and the accident.
Communicate openly with your healthcare team. They need all relevant information to devise a treatment plan for you and to make part of your medical history. Describe the pain that you are experiencing and any limitations on your normal activities. Follow your doctor’s orders, keep your appointments, and seek follow-up care, if necessary.
Don’t Talk to the Insurance Company
After you make an initial claim, limit the communication you have with the insurance company. The insurance company may employ tactics to try to minimize the value of your claim, such as:
- Requesting a recorded statement to try to lock you into an account that they later try to contradict with objective evidence.
- Having you provide a blanket release for all of your medical records to try to find a pre-existing injury to blame for your injuries.
- Offering you a fast settlement in hopes you will take it before consulting with a personal injury lawyer who can tell you what your claim is really worth.
Consult with a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Lawyer
Having an experienced Lawton car crash attorney by your side can prevent the insurance company from taking advantage of you. A lawyer can explain your rights and advise you when it is best to settle your case or pursue a different route to pursue compensation. If a lawsuit is necessary, a lawyer can ensure that you know the time limit for filing your claim.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Car Accident in Lawton?
The party or parties who are financially responsible for your Lawton car collision will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. Common examples of parties who may be liable for car accidents include:
- At-fault drivers – All drivers are required to drive in a reasonable, safe, and law-abiding manner to prevent accidents. When they fail to uphold this legal duty, they may be responsible for the injuries they cause.
- Employers – Employers are responsible for the negligent actions of their employees. If the at-fault driver was working at the time of the accident, you may be able to seek compensation from their employer for your injuries.
- Alcohol vendors – Under Oklahoma’s dram shop law, alcohol vendors who sell alcohol to obviously intoxicated patrons can be held liable for damages the drunk driver causes.
- Private or public maintenance organizations – You may be able to hold private or public maintenance organizations financially responsible if negligent road maintenance caused your car crash.
What Compensation Am I Entitled To?
Personal injury victims may be able to recover compensation for the damages they sustained in a motor vehicle accident, including:
- Medical expenses, including reasonable expenses for past and future medical treatment
- Lost wages and impairment of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Permanent scarring, physical impairment, or disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering, including past and future
- Mental pain and suffering, including past and future
- Loss of consortium
Contact Cain Law Office
If you were hurt in a car accident, the Lawton car collision attorneys from Cain Law Office are here to help. We are available 24/7 and can get to work on your case right away. Contact our personal injury team today to begin exploring your legal options through a free case review.