In a recent year, Oklahoma motorcycle accidents injured nearly 1,000 people and killed 89, according to the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office. Even in cases where a motorcycle accident isn’t fatal, the injuries can last a lifetime, and the resulting medical bills can leave families financially destitute.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, the Midwest City motorcycle accident attorneys at Cain Law Office can help you pursue the compensation you need after a devastating motorcycle accident. We’ve won more than $50 million on behalf of our Oklahoma clients. Our firm has also been named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers.
There’s never a fee for an initial consultation with one of our motorcycle accident lawyers in Midwest City. In fact, you don’t owe us any fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Take advantage of your free case review by calling us or completing our convenient intake form on our contact page.
Why Do I Need a Midwest City Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Motorcycle accident cases are more complicated than other kinds of personal injury claims, like car accidents. It’s often challenging to prove that the other driver was at fault in a motorcycle accident case. You might be contending with unfair prejudices against motorcycle riders.
An experienced motorcycle collision lawyer in Midwest City can help you build the strongest case possible by doing the following:
- Launch an immediate, comprehensive investigation into the cause of your crash — Our rapid-response team will launch an immediate, in-depth investigation into your accident. We will identify, gather, and assemble compelling evidence to support your claim, including police reports, witness statements, medical records, and footage from traffic cameras. We will identify all parties who are potentially liable for your accident.
- Identify the full extent of your damages – Our team will document your injuries, financial losses, and other harm you’ve suffered so that the insurance company will have a complete picture of how the accident has negatively affected you. We will fight for your maximum compensation.
- Handle all your legal communications — There’s a lot of back-and-forth in a motorcycle accident case as you negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company and their lawyers. You need to be careful about what you say to them and the information you share. Our Midwest City motorcycle crash lawyers will present your case in the best light while ensuring that you don’t accidentally jeopardize your claim.
- Make sure all your paperwork is filed correctly and on time — There are key deadlines that have to be met in any motorcycle accident case. You don’t want to lose compensation for your injuries because of a paperwork error.
- Negotiate for the maximum possible settlement — Most motorcycle accident cases are settled out of court. We’ll fight to make sure any settlement you receive is fair and just compensation for what you’ve suffered.
- Prepare your case for trial and represent you in court — In the event a fair and just settlement can’t be reached, we’ll need to bring your case to court to help you get the compensation you deserve. We have lots of experience handling motorcycle accident litigation. We will fight vigorously for a fair and just resolution of your case.
Recovering Compensation After a Midwest City Motorcycle Accident
You can be compensated for a wide range of damages after a motorcycle accident, including:
- The cost of your past and future medical bills
- The value of any lost wages you incurred by missing work because of your injuries
- Your reduced capacity to earn a living if you sustained a permanent disability
- The value of any property that was damaged or destroyed in the crash
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Any emotional or mental anguish stemming from your injuries
Our skilled Midwest City motorcycle accident lawyers can properly evaluate your claim by accounting for the full extent of your damages.
You Have a Limited Time to Act After a Motorcycle Accident in Midwest City
Oklahoma law sets a time limit for filing personal injury lawsuits. The legal term for this time limit is the “statute of limitations.” The statute of limitations in Oklahoma for motorcycle accident cases is generally two years from the date of your injury but some claims have a shorter statute and need to contact us to verify time limit. If you don’t file a lawsuit within the time limit, the court will likely refuse to hear your case.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Midwest City
It’s important to take the right steps to preserve your chance of recovering compensation after a motorcycle accident. Follow these steps if you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident:
- Call 911 right away in case you or someone else in the accident needs immediate medical attention.
- Take as many pictures as you can of your injuries, the damage to your vehicles, and the accident scene.
- If you aren’t taken to a hospital, see a doctor right away to determine the extent of your injuries. Save all your medical records and receipts.
- Stay off social media and don’t post about your accident.
- Don’t give any recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company without talking to an attorney first.
- Hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Cain Law Office
Our motorcycle accident attorneys are standing by to help you get the money you deserve after an accident. If you’re unable to come to us, we’re willing to come to you in your home, at the hospital, or wherever you prefer. We can start immediately on your case.
To speak with one of our lawyers, call us or visit our contact page today.