Car accidents can happen to anyone. No matter how safely you drive, you share the road with countless careless drivers who fail to follow the basic rules of the road. If one of those drivers injures you in a car accident, you have a right to be compensated for your injuries.
A serious car accident can put you out of work and leave you suffering for months or years after the crash. Many people who are hurt in a car accident in Edmond find themselves struggling to pay the bills, dealing with medical debt and trying to get by on less income. This is not fair. You don’t have to accept it.
Don’t expect insurance companies to voluntarily take care of your injuries. They make money by charging expensive premiums and fighting claims. However, at Cain Law Office, we know what it takes to make insurers pay what car accident victims and their families are owed.
With more than two decades of experience, attorney Monty Cain has dedicated his career to serving others, earning him recognition from the National Association of Top 100 Trial Lawyers and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, call us today to schedule a free case evaluation and find out how we can help with your injury claim.
Our Dedication to Edmund Car Accident Victims
If you have been involved in an auto accident in Edmond, OK, you are not alone. More than 25,000 car crashes occurred in Edmond and surrounding communities in Oklahoma County in 2016. Fortunately, Monty Cain has hand-picked a talented team of personal injury attorneys and support staff to help injury victims pursue just compensation. Our success stories speak for themselves.
Every case is unique. There is no guarantee that you will recover money after a crash. Still, the Insurance Research Council has found that people who hire an attorney for their insurance claims typically recover significantly more in compensation than those who do it themselves. So, if you have been hurt in a car wreck in Edmond, Oklahoma, call Cain Law Office to discuss your case.
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident in Edmond, OK
The best way to secure compensation after an accident is to work closely with an attorney who understands how insurance companies work. Beyond hiring an attorney, here are a few other steps you can take:
- Get medical attention. Emergency responders often transport car accident victims in Edmond to trauma centers such as the Oklahoma University Medical Center. If you do not receive emergency care, you should see your personal doctor as early as possible. You will protect your health and document your injuries.
- Get copy of crash report. Next, make sure you obtain a copy of your crash report. It usually takes a few days for the police to submit a final official report. So, you may have to check back a few times. Still, this is critical evidence for your case. Contact the Edmond Police Department or Oklahoma Sheriff’s Office and bring a copy of the report with you to your initial free consultation.
- Keep copies of bills and records. Be sure to keep copies of any discharge paperwork from the hospital or doctor’s notes. If your physician writes a work note, be sure to keep this as well.
- Never talk to the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance adjusters are going to call and want statements. They will act like your friend and make you feel like they are only looking out for you. Just remember that they are paid to minimize your claim as much as possible.
- Don’t discuss your accident on social media. Many great cases have been destroyed by people posting photos or talking about their injuries on social media. Just avoid it at all costs.
How Our Edmond Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
An Edmond car accident attorney at Cain Law Offices will work tirelessly for you. You can count on our team to:
- Perform a rapid investigation into the facts. We don’t just wait to see what an insurance company will do. We dig into the facts, interview witnesses, photograph damages, and in many cases, we go to the crash scene.
- Gather all evidence needed to support your case. Our team will work to collect helpful evidence of your injuries such as medical bills, records, police reports and anything else that will establish your right to compensation.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Our attorneys have years of experience with resolving insurance claims. They will take the pressure off you and your family by handling the negotiations in order to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Resolve liens and medical expenses. After a car wreck, you probably have mounting debts from medical bills. Our attorneys can also work with lien holders and medical providers to make sure you get the medical care that you need for your injuries.
- Fight for you at trial. If your case does not settle – for instance, the insurance company denies liability and/or rejects the amount that you claim in damages – you can count on our skilled trial lawyers to fight for your rights at trial.
Types of Edmond Car Accident Cases We Handle
When you hire Cain Law Office, you will work with a team that has experience in a broad range of auto accident cases, including cases that involve:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Speeding and reckless driving crashes
- Trucking collisions
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle and pedestrian claims
- Passenger injuries
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Uninsured motorist claims.
Our Edmond Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
After a car accident, you need a car accident attorney who will wage an aggressive battle on your behalf and fight for the compensation that you deserve. At Cain Law Office, you can count on our team to focus on your needs and pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries. Our consultations are always free, and you will not owe us anything unless we are able to secure compensation for your injuries. Contact us today to discuss your case.